Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Somewhere along the way the meaning of Thanksgiving was....let's just say diluted since vanquished is a bit dramatic. Mindless gorging, Black Friday death scrambles and dreaded family arguments are some of the things that make us roll our eyes when we think about that last Thursday in November.
LET'S RECLAIM THANKSGIVING!
And the solution is pretty simple. Use the ENTIRE day to give thanks. Not just those few minutes right before you eat. Do you guys also go around the table and have everyone say something they're thankful for? If you're like me year ago you sit, fork poised, thinking, "Shut up shut up shut up!" Well this year let's really take the time to listen to what people are saying. These are people I love or at least am connected to in such a special open moment. Many people rarely find the moment to give thanks for what they have. We're usually to busy listing what we DON'T have. Gratitude is a very potent & powerful tool in shifting the energy and flow in your life. It is a force! Any moment where you can stop and realize the gifts and abundance in your life, in the present, means that the flow of negativity, lack and fear has stopped, if even for a brief moment. When you're in the Gratitude Zone, the magic happens, spiritually, emotionally and even physically. Give those around you a Bummer Break by using gratitude as your anchor for a day long meditation. When you feel things shifting into an Armageddon, be that annoying person who shifts the subject back to something funny, uplifting and full of gratitude. You've got a free pass, It's freaking Thanksgiving Day, and you have been officially challenged!
Want to Up the Anty?
Check out my Eating Meditation on SoundCloud
Top 10 Things To Talk About At Thanksgiving Other Than Politics and Religion
10. Puppies (We'll start easy...)
9. Top 3 Places You'd Love to Travel
8. Most Embarrassing Moment
7. Dating (Comparing dating in my grandparents time to now has provided lots of laughs and some surprisingly good insight)
6. Favorite Recipes and Worst Cooking Fails
5. If Hugh is gone, who's running the Playboy Mansion?
4. If you didn't have Netflix, what would you do with the spare time?
3. Favorite character on Friends and why
2. Your Dream Job, feel free to completely create a new job suited just for you
1. Mindfulness and the Effects of Meditation!