For me the cauliflower pizza crust is more about ease and affordability than the drastic difference in calories over a dough crust. Just like a traditional pizza recipe you can top it with anything you've got laying around, a great way to get more veg in my diet without repeating my tired old stirfry routine. It's pretty delicious and cheap to make but makes me feel like a gourmand. Buon Apetito!
Here's how easy it is....
Cauliflower Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups grated cauliflower (about 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- For topping:
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Meat, veggies, herbs etc
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place grated cauliflower on a clean, thin dish towel. Wrap up in the middle and twist closed, squeezing out all the moisture. If you don't squeeze out the moisture your crust will stay together but it will be soggy. A cheese clothe worked best for me.
- Place dry cauliflower into a bowl and add yogurt, eggs, and spices. Fold mixture until evenly combined.
- Place dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread mixture with hands until about 3/4-inch thick. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm enough to hold its shape.
- Remove crust from oven and top with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and veggies. if desired. Return pizza to oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.